The Embassy of the United States of America in Azerbaijan is pleased to announce a call for proposals to support community-building initiatives to increase inclusive growth and local community capacity development. The program seeks to fund small projects that promote values that contribute to the growth of civic organizations. It will also fund innovative individual initiatives to build Azerbaijan’s prosperity and well-being. The competition is open to all well-developed, innovative community-building initiatives that aim to create an open, tolerant, and inclusive society, develop pluralistic communities, or foster economic prosperity. The Community-building Initiatives Program has chosen to address the following topics:
- Enhancing capacity-building, including programs that help young people grow into the next generation of leaders;
- Building strong communities through projects and platforms that promote local civic engagement, volunteerism, and community associations;
- Promoting tolerant, multicultural, diverse, and pluralistic worldviews, and countering violent messaging in communities;
- Advocating for disadvantaged communities by creating opportunities for their development, including providing legal services and projects that draw attention to their concerns;
- Empowering entrepreneurs, especially women and young people, to create local economic opportunities and achieve their potential;
- Strengthening Civil Society to play a greater role in building public institutions and promoting socio-economic development.
- Inspiring the next generation to protect the environment through community-based projects and environmental advocacy activities.
Participants and Audiences:
The intended audience for potential projects includes economically and socially disadvantaged communities, which include refugees and IDPs, women and girls, persons with disabilities, and young people.
FEDERAL AWARD INFORMATION
- Length of performance period: 12 months maximum
- Number of awards anticipated: up to 10-12 awards, depending on available funds
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $24,000
- Type of Funding: FY 20/21 AEECA Funds
- Anticipated program start date: May 2021