Youth Leadership Program with Azerbaijan
Secondary school students from Azerbaijan are invited to apply for participation in the Youth Entrepreneurship Program for Azerbaijan and Georgia, the On-Demand Caucasus Youth Leadership Program 2017 which will take place August 28-Sept 23, 2017. The program will employ a highly interactive approach both in workshops and in a range of public and community settings. Through engagement in the activities of U.S. high schools, community organizations, youth groups, and community leaders in each location, the student and adult participants study challenges facing the U.S. and Azerbaijan-Georgia cross-border region in the 21st century.
This is fully funded program and the scholarship will cover all the expenses for selected students.
The program will be intensive, academic, and highly interactive. The program sponsors seek energetic applicants from all diversity and disability groups who are ready to develop their skills in order to be effective leaders in their schools and communities.
Secondary school students who may apply are those who:
- Currently a citizen of Azerbaijan residing in Azerbaijan
- Will be at least 15 years old and not older than 18 years old by August 28, 2017
- Be entering 10th or 11th grades in the fall of 2017
- Have strong English skills
- Have permission from both parent(s)/guardian(s) and schools to participate in the entire program.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Application Form: Applications will ONLY be accepted online via this form: https://goo.gl/forms/T2ygG4UVLZzorRfu1
Instructions for completing this application: Please fill out the application as completely as possible, in English. You can use attached application form in PDF for your reference to answer the questions and essays before submitting online application. Applications will ONLY be accepted online via this FORM.
The information you provide on this application will provide the basis for selecting semi-finalists for this program. Answer the questions carefully and completely.
Questions regarding the application and selection process should be addressed to BakuEducation@state.gov.
Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Summer Institute
U.S. Embassy Baku is pleased to announce the call for The Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellowship. The Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellowship is an intensive short-term exchange program, created to foster relationships among young Europeans and Americans to build strong linkages and awareness of shared values. The four week program will enable teenagers, ages 16-18, to explore U.S. foreign policy priorities such as youth engagement, support for democracy and civil society, and economic prosperity. The program will consist of a series of lectures, seminar discussions and presentations, and a broad assortment of practical, faculty- and mentor-led workshops. The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by community service activities, site visits, social and cultural activities, and homestays with American families to deepen participants’ experience of U.S. society during their exchange.
During the academic residency, participants also will have the opportunity to discuss other topics such as democratic practices, conflict resolution, problem solving, communication skills, critical thinking, tolerance and respect for diversity, youth leadership, team building, and the media. The institute will explore how freedom of expression provides rights to and imposes responsibilities on citizens. Upon their return home, participants will implement service projects in their communities and present an alumni project plan to a youth-serving or youth-centered organization in their home country.
- be born between June 22, 2000, and June 22, 2003 (i.e., be 16, 17, or 18 years of age at the time of the program start);
- be highly proficient in English, as demonstrated in a personal interview or the results of a standardized test;
- be committed to enrolling in high school or university in their home countries in fall 2019, following completion of the institute;
- demonstrate strong leadership potential and interest in transatlantic relations and diplomacy;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, as indicated by academic grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- demonstrate a commitment to community and extracurricular activities;
- have had little or no prior U.S. study or travel experience in the United States;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful and inquisitive;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive summer program, with community service and educational travel;
- be comfortable with campus life, shared living accommodations, travel and interaction with a multinational, co-ed group of participants from across Europe and the United States;
- be comfortable engaging with the Americans they meet in the host communities; and
- be able to adjust to cultural and social practices different from those of their home countries.
Submit your applications via email to
February 28, 2019
Based on application review and interviews, U.S. Embassy will select and nominate one candidate from Azerbaijan.
June and July of 2019 – Program in U.S.
If you have any questions, please, email to Bakueducation@state.gov
Future Leaders Exchange Program (FLEX)
The FLEX Program provides scholarships for 11th grade students from Azerbaijan to spend an academic year in the United States, living with a host family, and attending an American high school. The FLEX Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Eligibility requirements for student applicants for the 2018-19 FLEX Program:
- Must be born between February 15, 2000 – July 15, 2002,
- Must be in 11th grade at the time of application, and must have graduated from secondary school before going on the FLEX program,
- Students in the 11th grade who are required to complete military service are ineligible,
- Must have an academic standing of “good” or better,
- Must have previously studied English and demonstrate a high level of English-language ability at the time of application,
- Must be a citizen of Azerbaijan and able to receive an international passport,
- Must meet U.S. visa eligibility requirements, and
- May NOT have spent more than three (3) months in the U.S. in the last five (5) years.
We also welcome all students with disabilities to apply for the program. Please contact us for additional information if you know students with disabilities who would like to participate in the program.
For registration these documents should be delivered:
- Birth Certificate or Identification card
- One 3×4 sm size photo (the recent)
- Pen (black)
For more information you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at 050 225 81 78 or 12 436 75 30.
Dear high school students,
If you are 15-17 years old, and want to experience real U.S. college life experience, this opportunity is for you!
EducationUSA Academy is a pre-college academic enrichment program for international high school students. It offers specialized college preparatory content, college-level writing workshops, campus visits, and cultural activities. Students gain an insider’s perspective on higher education in the United States while getting the chance to experience and enjoy campus life.
The list of our 2020 host U.S. Institutions:
- Boston University
- Diablo Valley College
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Northwestern University
- Cloud State University
- John’s University
- Syracuse University
- Temple University
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Tennessee-Knoxville
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- To be eligible to participate in EducationUSA Academy you should:
- Be a current high school student between the ages of 15-17
- Reside outside the United States and be a citizen of a country other than the U.S.
- Be a non-native English speaker with at least intermediate-level English
EducationUSA Academy host institutions may have additional requirements. Please, refer to host institution websites for details.
For detailed information, please visit https://www.edusaacademy.org/