Location: Tovuz and Qazakh Regions, Azerbaijan
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan urges U.S. citizens to avoid travel to the Tovuz and Qazakh regions due to recent violence and heightened tensions along portions of the Armenia-Azerbaijan border. The U.S. Embassy in Baku has instructed U.S. Embassy employees and their family members to avoid travel to the Tovuz and Qazakh regions. U.S. citizens throughout Azerbaijan are encouraged to avoid public demonstrations and exercise caution in public spaces. The U.S. Embassy encourages U.S. citizens to continue to monitor local news reporting for any new developments. The Embassy will continue to monitor the security situation and provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Baku, Azerbaijan
111 Azadlig Avenue
AZ1007 Baku, Azerbaijan
(994 12) 488 3300
U.S. Embassy Baku website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Azerbaijan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter