Location: Regions Outside the Absheron Peninsula, Azerbaijan
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan urges U.S. citizens to reconsider non-essential travel outside of the Absheron Peninsula due to heightened tensions and recent violence along portions of the Armenia-Azerbaijan border. The U.S. Embassy in Baku has instructed U.S. Embassy employees and their family members not to travel outside of the Absheron Peninsula.
U.S. citizens throughout Azerbaijan are encouraged to continue to monitor local news reporting for any new developments. The U.S. Embassy encourages U.S. citizens to exercise caution in public spaces and avoid any public demonstrations that develop. The Embassy will continue to monitor the security situation and provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas outside the Absheron Peninsula.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Baku, Azerbaijan
111 Azadlig Avenue
AZ1007 Baku, Azerbaijan
(994 12) 488 3300
U.S. Embassy Baku website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Azerbaijan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter