Emergency Financial Assistance

When a U.S. citizen encounters an emergency financial situation abroad, the Department of State’s Office of Overseas Citizens Services (OCS) can establish a Trust account in the citizen’s name in order to forward funds overseas.  There is a non-refundable $30 Trust processing fee.  Upon receipt of funds, OCS will transfer the money to us for disbursement to the recipient, who must contact the Consular Section directly to arrange receipt. Read the details at Sending Money to U.S. Citizens Overseas.