Aşağıdakı vacib məlumatların tərcüməsi üçün sağdakı “Azərbaycan” düyməsini basın.
The Consular Section is currently offering nonimmigrant visa (NIV) appointments in all categories, including petition-based employment, crew visas (C1/D), student visas (F and M), exchange visitor visas (J), and business/visitor visas (B1/B2), for citizens and residents of Azerbaijan. We are also accepting interview waiver applications from qualified applicants whose previous visa in the same category expired within the past 36 months. Please note that the interview waiver process is available for Azerbaijani citizens and residents only, and those whose most recent visa applications resulted in a refusal do not qualify for interview waiver. Visa interview appointments will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis as capacity allows. (See Visa Services Operating Status Update).
Please book your appointment here.
If you have an urgent nonimmigrant visa matter regarding a medical emergency and need to travel immediately, please email email@example.com and request an emergency appointment, providing your full name and date of birth and justification for an emergency appointment.
Visa processing times vary and may take several weeks or more, but in many cases, processing can be completed within several business days of your interview.
Attention: Effective July 27, 2021, visa applicants are responsible for paying Aramex courier charges for visa application delivery to and/or from the U.S. Embassy. Courier fees are separate from visa fees and are paid directly to Aramex. Click here and review “Visa Passport Delivery” information for more details.
Updated May 4, 2022
The purpose of your intended travel and other facts will determine what type of visa is required under U.S. immigration law. As a visa applicant, you will need to establish that you meet all requirements to receive the category of visa for which you are applying.
See our Directory of Visa Categories on usvisas.state.gov to determine which visa category might be appropriate for your purpose of travel to the United States.
There is no fee to change an appointment, and visa application fees will remain valid for a maximum of 24 months through September 30, 2023 in the country where the fee was paid.
Travel to the United States on a temporary basis, including tourism, temporary employment, study and exchange.
For foreign citizens who want to live permanently in the United States.
Information About the Diversity Visa Program 2023
The U.S. Embassy in Baku is pleased to announce the opening of the 2022 Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. Submit your entry on our official website: https://dvprogram.state.gov— it is FREE and EASY! Instructions are available here.
The online Diversity Visa system will open for entries beginning at 20:00 local time (12:00 EST) on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 and close for entries at 20:00 local time (12:00 EST) on Tuesday, November 10, 2020. Make sure to submit your entry early!
Avoid scams by preparing and submitting your Diversity Visa entry form yourself. Only use the official website. Do not pay fees to anyone to help you enter. Do not share your confirmation number with anyone!
Paying a visa facilitator to assist in the Diversity Visa process is not only unnecessary, but also may result in denial of the visa application if the visa facilitator makes a mistake. You are responsible for ensuring that your Diversity Visa entry information is correct and complete. Avoid unnecessary cost and the risk of your application being denied—submit your Diversity Visa entry form yourself on the official website.
What is a Visa?
A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport, a travel document issued by the traveler’s country of citizenship.
Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. The Visa section of this website is all about U.S. visas for foreign citizens to travel to the United States.
(Note: U.S. citizens don’t need a U.S. visa for travel, but when planning travel abroad may need a visa issued by the embassy of the country they wish to visit.).
Notice: The Consular Section is closed to the public on local and U.S. holidays. Please see the holiday schedule at https://az.usembassy.gov/holiday-calendar/
If you have a need for urgent business or emergency travel, please make a request online, or contact the help center: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-az/niv/information/contact_us
Customer Service Statement
The Department of State manages the visa process strictly but fairly in order to best protect the United States. We are committed to the essential openness for which the United States has always been known. Travel to the United States is welcomed and encouraged.
We promise to you, the visa applicant, that:
- We will treat you with dignity and respect, even if we are unable to grant you a visa.
- We will treat you as an individual and your case as unique.
- We will remember that, to you, a visa interview may be a new or intimidating experience and that you may be nervous.
- We will use the limited time available for the interview to get as full a picture as possible of your travel plans and intentions.
- We will use our available resources to fairly assist all applicants to get appointments to allow travel in time for business, study, and other important obligations.
- We will post detailed and accurate information on visa requirements and application procedures on every Embassy and Consulate website.
- We will provide information on non-immigrant appointment waiting times at every Embassy and Consulate posted on http://travel.state.gov.
- We will explain the reason for any visa denial to you.
Furthermore, if you are a:
- Student, we will make every effort to ensure that you get an appointment and, if qualified, a visa in time to start classes.
- Medical and humanitarian emergency traveler, we will expedite processing for those dealing with life threatening emergencies.
- Business traveler, we will establish appropriate mechanisms to facilitate business travel and expedite cases of particular concern to American business.
At the same time, we expect you, the visa applicant, to:
- Plan your travel and visa application as far in advance as possible.
- Complete your application fully and accurately.
- Be forthcoming about your purpose and plans.
- Prepare for your interview by being able to clearly and concisely describe your intentions.